The Ayushman Bharat Yojana or the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana is a healthcare scheme launched by the Government of India to provide financial protection to poor and vulnerable families against catastrophic hospitalization expenses. The scheme provides coverage of up to Rs. 5 lakhs per family per year for secondary and tertiary care hospitalization.
The scheme covers around 50 crore people, which is approximately 40% of the population of India. The scheme is aimed at providing access to quality healthcare to the poor and marginalized sections of the society.
What is covered under Ayushman Bharat Yojana and who is eligible?
Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) is a flagship scheme of the Government of India that aims to provide financial protection to vulnerable families and reduce out-of-pocket healthcare expenses. The scheme covers more than 10 crore poor and vulnerable families or approximately 50 crore individuals.
Under the Ayushman Bharat Yojana, eligible beneficiaries can avail themselves of cashless treatment for various medical procedures and surgeries across public and private empanelled hospitals in India. The Ayushman Bharat Yojana covers a wide range of medical conditions, including cancer, heart disease, liver and kidney disease, neurological conditions, burns, respiratory illnesses, and many more. The scheme also covers neonatal and paediatric care, mental illnesses, and rehabilitation support.
The scheme provides coverage up to Rs 5 lakh per family per year and is available across India. The Ayushman Bharat Yojana also provides coverage for pre-existing medical conditions, and there is no waiting period for hospitalisation.
In addition to the broad range of medical conditions covered, the scheme also covers a variety of medical procedures, including prostate cancer, skull base surgery, interior spine fixation, tissue expander, pulmonary valve replacement, OPD, personal diagnosis, fertility-related processes, cosmetic procedures, laryngopharyngectomy, organ transplant, drug rehabilitation, coronary artery, individual diagnostics, and carotid angioplasty with stent.
To be eligible for Ayushman Bharat Yojana, a household must fall under any of the following categories:
- Rural areas:
- The family should have a kuccha house with only one room and a roof.
- No adult member (between 16 and 59 years) of the household should be present.
- No adult male member (between 16 and 59 years) of the household should be present.
- No disabled person should be present in the household, and no one in the household should have a disability.
- The person must belong to the SC/ST category.
- The family should have no land or property, and the primary source of income should be manual casual labour.
- Urban areas:
- The beneficiary can be a washerman or a security guard.
- A person who is ragpicker can be eligible for the scheme.
- Mechanics, electricians, repair workers, plumbers, construction workers, porters, welders, painters, and security guards can also avail themselves of the benefits of Ayushman Bharat Yojana.
- Cleaners, gardeners, and sanitation workers can also be eligible for the scheme.
- Home-based workers or artisans, tailors, drivers, conductors, helpers, vehicle drivers or rickshaw pullers can avail themselves of the scheme.
- Assistants, peons in small offices, delivery boys, shopkeepers, and self-employed people can also avail themselves of the benefits of the scheme.
Ayushman Bharat Yojana is a comprehensive scheme that provides financial protection and access to quality healthcare for vulnerable families in India. The scheme covers a broad range of medical conditions and procedures, including those related to cancer, heart disease, and organ transplant. The scheme also provides coverage for pre-existing medical conditions and is available across India. With its wide range of benefits, Ayushman Bharat Yojana has become a critical initiative for ensuring universal access to healthcare in India.
The scheme provides coverage for a wide range of medical procedures and treatments, including surgeries, diagnostics, and hospitalization. The scheme also covers pre-existing conditions, and there is no limit on family size or the age of the family members.
To avail of the benefits of the scheme, people can register at any government or private hospital. The scheme covers all expenses related to hospitalization, including pre-hospitalization and post-hospitalization expenses.
Apart from providing financial protection, the scheme also focuses on the health of women, children, and senior citizens. Pregnant women are provided with a cash benefit of up to Rs. 9,000 for maternal care and delivery.
Overall, the Ayushman Bharat Yojana is an important step towards ensuring universal healthcare coverage for all citizens of India, particularly the poor and vulnerable sections of society.
To apply for the Ayushman Bharat Yojana (ABY) or Ayushman Card in Bihar 2023, please follow the steps outlined below:
Step 1: Check eligibility Before applying for the Ayushman Card, it is important to check whether you are eligible for the scheme. The ABY is available to all Indian citizens who belong to low-income families and economically weaker sections of society. Families that are included in the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) 2011 database are automatically eligible for the scheme. You can also check your eligibility status by visiting the official website of ABY.
Step 2: Gather required documents To apply for the Ayushman Card, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Aadhaar card or any other government-approved photo ID
- Ration card or income certificate
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- Bank account details
Step 3: Apply online To apply for the Ayushman Card in Bihar, you can follow the below steps:
- Visit the official website of Ayushman Bharat Yojana – https://pmjay.gov.in/
- Click on the ‘Am I Eligible’ tab and enter your mobile number and captcha code
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number
- Enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’
- If you are eligible, you will be directed to the registration page
- Enter your personal details and upload the required documents
- Click on ‘Submit’ to complete the registration process
Step 4: Verify your details Once you have submitted your application, it will be reviewed by the authorities. You may be required to provide additional documents or information for verification purposes. You will be notified of any updates or changes in your application status via SMS or email.
Step 5: Receive your Ayushman Card If your application is approved, you will receive your Ayushman Card via post to your registered address. The card will contain all the details of the health insurance coverage that you are eligible for, including the sum insured, the number of family members covered, and the list of hospitals where you can avail of the benefits.
In case you face any difficulties during the application process, you can reach out to the helpline number 14555 or 1800-111-565 for assistance.
|For Ayushman, Card Online Apply for 2023||Click Here|
|To Download Ayushman Card Online||Click Here|
|To Check Ayushman Bharat Yojana Card Eligibility||Click Here|
|To Check the Ayushman Bharat Yojana Hospital list||Click Here|
|Ayushman Bharat Yojana Official Site||Click Here|
|Aayushman Card New Registration Portal||Click Here|